Saturday, November 4, 2017

Video review

1. Explain why you selected each of the TWO videos you choose from the selection listed above.
The reason I chose the two videos was because I have always wanted to learn more about African art. The two videos I chose was African Art and African Art legacy of oppression.
2. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
the two key concepts I learned with the videos was that in the African culture the mask take on a deeper meaning whether it is using it to scare of predators or for self expression. I learned that symbolism take a role in their art  with also their religion and nature. 
3. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
The video goes to show symbolism, Abstract art, architecture and culture. the reading showed more of an in-depth look into the abstract art, symbolism and showed different styles of art.
4. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?
the film was short but very informative and easy to understand. the video made me understand African art and what the meaning behind the mask was. Overall the video made the understanding of African art a lot easier

No comments:

Post a Comment