1899
Frida Kahlo, Self-Portrait with Monkey, 1938.
Oil on Masonite, 16" x 12"
Jack Edson, Self-Portrait, 2017. Cotton patchwork
quilt,
hand and machine pieced, hand quilted, 72" x
52"
1. Why did you select the inspiration pieces?
I believe they all represented me in different ways.
2. Why did you select the media to create your self-portrait?
I used my pencil to draw my self portrait because I am trying to develop my drawing skills.
3. What challenges did you face in creating your self-portrait and how did you overcome them?
The challenges I face was figuring out how I will be able to express myself in three painting. I overcame this by pin pointing the part of me I will like to express in the paintings.
4. How does this piece represent you?
This piece represents me in many different ways because it shows me in my happiest days and represents me to the fullest.
5. What elements and principles of art did you apply in this work?
The elements that was used were value, line and shape.
6. Did you enjoy working on this project?
i really enjoyed working on this because it was fun and interesting.
7. What do you think of your final artwork?





No comments:
Post a Comment