1. Explain why you selected the video you choose from the selection listed above.
The first video I watched was the how art made the world more human than human and the reason that topic was chosen was because that was a required video to watch but also a very interesting one with a lot of informative information. The second video the Greek awakening Art from the 5th century because I felt the two videos could correlate with each other.
2. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
the first key point I learned through out this video was that human views of arts is exaggerated. The next thing I learned from the video was that people like to see exotic strange things that they don't fully understand but like. The little birds demonstration to the color stripe on the stick was an example of how people interpret art. The second video I learned a lot from the Greek culture.
3. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
the videos starts out by discussing how and when people past and present go towards the more exaggerated look when creating art. In chapter 14 it discussed how the two culture where different from each other. The video and text had the same idea but different outcomes. the second video gave more of an in depth understanding of the art in Greece.
4. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?
the video to me was very interesting and fun to watch. They added depth to my understanding because it gave me two different view points of how art was interpreted in the past and present. The second video I like because it helped with the understanding of the other video.
No comments:
Post a Comment